Jerome Lerch's Representative Engagements:
Since founding Lerch Sturmer, Jerry Lerch has represented over 115 law firms and/or their insurers in legal malpractice cases pending in courts throughout California. Examples of past representation are:
- Served as claims and coverage counsel for over three decades for profitable Northern California legal malpractice program underwritten by Syndicates at Lloyds, London;
- Served as claims and coverage counsel for over three decades for Syndicates at Lloyds underwriting Insurance Agents and Brokers risks;
- Defended D&O insurer for the Oakland Coliseum in coverage litigation over payment of $30 million in attorneys fees incurred in fraud suit with the Oakland Raiders;
- Defended San Jose area law firm in obtaining a judgment in its favor at trial in an alleged malpractice case seeking damages in excess of $5,000,000; then defended the case on appeal and obtained a judgment in favor of the law firm on appeal.
- Obtained a defense verdict for a Sacramento law firm at trial on a malpractice action seeking in excess of $80 million in damages arising from an underlying anti-trust claim;
- Protected interests of liability insurer of San Francisco Unified School District on a program of significant claims against the District arising under the ADA, False Claims Act and other statutes
- Handled program of Bankers' errors & omissions claims arising out a major international financial institution's provision of Trust services, working collaboratively with the insured to cost-effectively resolve claims pending in western United States;
- Defended numerous real estate and insurance agents sued for professional negligence in various California courts;
- Defended real estate appraisers sued for professional negligence with respect to the value of large subdivisions located in California's Central Valley; and,
- Defended soils engineers sued for professional negligence on various projects in California involving commercial and residential development.